Union Jack Flies Flag in Lincolnshire
Junior explorer Union Jack Oil announced Wednesday that it has agreed with Egdon Resources UK that it will farm into an onshore license in Lincolnshire, UK.
Petroleum Exploration and Development Licence 180 (PEDL 180) is on the western margin of the Humber Basin and includes the Wressle Project that was acquired by Egdon in 2012.
Gross mean prospective resources at Wressle are estimated at 2.1 million barrels of oil, and a well – to be drilled to 7,550 feet – is scheduled to begin operations in 4Q 2013.
After the farm-in deal is completed Egdon Resources will hold 25 percent of PEDL180, with Union Jack Oil holding 8.3 percent. Celtique Energie Petroleum and Europa Oil & Gas will both hold 33.3 percent.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Drilling and Completion Tick Up in the UK (Sep 21)
- British Shale Gas Gets Boost From Court Ruling On Permit (Dec 20)
- Egdon Increases Stake in PEDL201 (Nov 16)
Company: Europa Oil & Gas more info
- Europa Oil & Gas Completes Shale Petroleum UK Acquisition (Aug 15)
- Europa Relinquishes Part of PEDL 181 (Jul 04)
- Europa Granted 2 Year Extension to PEDL 143 (Jun 27)