Shell Spuds Third Well in French Guiana Program
Northern Petroleum Plc announced that GM-ES-4, the third well of the current four well exploration program in the Guyane Maritime Permit (French Guiana) has been spud by Shell as Operator May 3.
Northern through holding 50 per cent of Northpet Investments Limited, owns a net 1.25 per cent interest in the offshore exploration license Guyane Maritime. Northern is in partnership with Shell (Operator, holding 45 percent), Total (25 percent), Tullow Oil (27.5 percent) and Wessex Exploration (also holding 1.25 percent through owning the remaining 50 percent interest in Northpet Investment Limited).
"This is a new, exciting opportunity for the joint venture to further establish the oil production potential in French Guiana. We look forward to the results of this well with great interest," Chief Operating Officer of Northern Keith Bush stated.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 27 Offshore Rigs
- Shell Looks Beyond Road Fuels to Secure Future of Refining (Nov 06)
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
Company: Northern Petroleum more info
- Northern Petroleum Agrees Cascina Alberto Farm-Out with Shell (Mar 05)
- Northern Petroleum's Latest Alberta Well Proves Uneconomic (Feb 10)
- Northern Drills First Wells in Current Program in Alberta (Sep 17)