Storbarden Exploration Well is Dry
North Sea-focused Ithaca Energy reported Monday that the Storbarden exploration well on production license 506S in Norway did not find hydrocarbons.
The operator of the well, Rocksource ASA, used the Borgland Dolphin (DW semisub) rig to drill the main reservoir and the secondary target. Final data acquisition and analysis is currently ongoing, following which the well is to be plugged and abandoned.
The costs of the Storbarden well transferred from Valiant Petroleum to Ithaca on account of Ithaca's recent takeover of Valiant.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Gas Discovery at Ivory Well Inconclusive (Dec 02)
- VNG's Pil Well Flows at 6,710 Bopd (Apr 10)
- VNG Norge Hits Oil, Gas with Pil Well (Mar 06)
Company: Ithaca Energy more info
- Ithaca Energy Starts Production from North Sea Stella Field (Feb 17)
- Delek Group to Issue Ithaca Energy Takeover Bid for $524MM (Feb 06)
- Ithaca Energy: Stella Production Start-up Delayed (Jan 12)