NPD Grants Statoil Drilling Permit
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate (NPD) has granted Statoil Petroleum AS a drilling permit for wellbore 7220/5-2, cf. Section 8 of the Resource Management Regulations.
Well 7220/5-2 will be drilled from the drilling facility West Hercules (UDW semisub) at position 72 degrees 33' 40.29" north and 20 degrees 23' 54.84" east.
The drilling program for well 7220/5-2 relates to drilling of a wildcat well in production licence 532. Statoil Petroleum AS is the operator with an ownership interest of 50 percent. The other licensees are Eni Norge AS with 30 percent and Petoro AS with 20 percent.
The production licence consists of blocks 7219/9, 7220/4, 7220/5, 7220/7 and 7220/8. The production license was awarded in the 20th licensing round in 2009.
Wildcat well 7220/5-2 is the fourth exploration well in production licence 532.
The permit is contingent upon the operator securing all other permits and consents required by other authorities before commencing drilling activities.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil May Build Onshore Terminal for Castberg Oil -Minister (Jan 16)
- Canadian Offshore Oil Interest Grows As Pipeline Woes Sink Alberta Prices (Dec 20)
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
Company: Norwegian Petroleum Directorate more info
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)