Rosneft, Marubeni Sign LNG Deal
MOSCOW - Russian state oil giant OAO Rosneft and Japan's Marubeni Corp. signed a memorandum Wednesday on implementing a joint liquefied natural gas project and exploring and developing oil and gas fields, Rosneft said in a statement.
The companies will consider cooperating on the construction of an LNG plant in Russia's Far East, the statement said.
Rosneft has in recent months pressed for permission from the Russian government to export gas. By law, only state firm OAO Gazprom is allowed to sell supplies abroad. It is considering building a liquefaction plant with Exxon Mobil Corp. on Russia's Pacific Coast.
Rosneft is also partnering with a number of foreign firms, including Exxon, to explore the Arctic shelf and onshore shale oil.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Russia's Rosneft, In U-Turn, Plans To Bid For Alrosa's Gas Assets (Dec 29)
- Sanction-Proof Oil Rig Beats US Policy From Cuba to Russia (Dec 19)
- Russia's Rosneft Signs Oil Supply Deal With Greece's Motor Oil (Nov 20)
Company: Marubeni Corp more info
- JOGMEC, Inpex, Marubeni Ink Exploration Deal with Rosneft (Dec 15)
- Indonesia's Small-Scale LNG Plans Face Several Challenges (Apr 15)
- MODEC Secures Japanese Partners in Petrobras FPSO Project (Apr 14)