Aker Solutions Bags Umbilical Work Offshore Angola
Aker Solutions has been awarded a contract from Technip to deliver umbilicals for the Girassol Resources Initiative (GirRI) phase 2 development off the coast of Angola. Contract value is undisclosed.
Aker Solutions will deliver two dynamic power and control steel tube umbilicals, one dynamic power cable and ancillary equipment.
GirRI is located in Angola's Block 17, 130 miles (210 kilometers) west of Luanda. The development is 4,265 feet (1,300 meters) under sea level.
"Our advanced umbilical design provides both reliability and durability and we look forward to executing this project in close collaboration with Technip," said Tom Munkejord, head of Aker Solutions' umbilical business area.
The umbilicals will be manufactured at Aker Solutions' facility in Moss, Norway, with project management, design and engineering support from the company's office at Fornebu, Norway.
Subsea umbilicals are deployed on the seabed to supply necessary controls and chemicals to subsea oil and gas wells, subsea manifolds and any subsea systems requiring remote control.
The contract has been booked as order intake in the first quarter of 2013.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Sasol Plans More Hiring for Louisiana Project (Oct 12)
- Bapco To Meet Technip-Led Consortium For Talks On Refinery Expansion (Aug 22)
- Fluor Wins Malaysia Isononanol Plant Contract (Aug 07)
Company: Aker Solutions more info
- Aker BP Buys Hess' Norway Unit For $2B (Oct 24)
- Aker Completes More Than Two-Thirds of Cost-Cutting Program (May 09)
- Aker Solutions Reduces Total Headcount by Almost 5,000 Since 2014 (Mar 30)