Falkand 3D Seismic Survey Completed
Falkland Oil and Gas Limited (FOGL) reported Tuesday the completion of a 3D seismic survey over the Diomedia fan complex in the Noble Energy-operated southern area licenses offshore the Falkland Islands.
FOGL said that the PGS M/V Ramform Sterling vessel completed the survey over the mid-Cretaceous fan complex and that approximately 2,000 square miles of full-fold seismic data has been acquired. This was more data than the partners in the license originally anticipated would be acquired, but the survey was completed within the original budget.
FOGL said the data will now be processed by Petroleum Geo-Services and a fast-track product will be available for interpretation in approximately four months. This product will be used to start prospect mapping and well planning.
The company added that initial test lines from the survey indicate "excellent data quality and imaging" of the Cretaceous target interval.
FOGL also reported that a second 3D survey, also using Ramform Sterling, has just begun. This will cover some 380 square miles and will target a number of prospects in the southern license area immediately to the west and northwest of Borders and Southern's Darwin gas-condensate discovery. Meanwhile, FOGL and its partners are currently reviewing tender offers with respect to a third 3D seismic survey planned in the northern license area during 4Q 2013.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Shale Producers Urge FERC To Deny White Cliffs Oil Pipeline's Fee Request (Feb 23)
- Egypt's Potential Gas Surplus Could Feed Global LNG Glut (Feb 20)
- Israel to Export Natural Gas to Egypt in $15 Billion Deal (Feb 19)
Company: Falkland Oil & Gas more info
- Falkland Explorers Confirm Oil Discovery with Isobel Re-Drill (Jan 11)
- Premier Spuds Isobel-2 Well in North Falkland Basin (Nov 23)
- Sound Oil Makes Board Changes (Sep 28)
Company: Borders & Southern Petroleum more info
- Borders Reports Upgrade to Darwin Discovery (Jun 17)
- Falkand 3D Seismic Survey Completed (Apr 16)
- South Falkland 3D Seismic Program Completed (Apr 09)