Japan Bank to Fund JX Nippon North Sea Acquisitions
TOKYO - Japan Bank for International Cooperation said Friday it will lend up to $881 million to JX Nippon Oil and Gas Exploration Corp. to help it finance the costs to purchase a stake in and develop two offshore oil fields in the U.K. North Sea.
The two fields are the Mariner oil field, located about 150 kilometers east of the Shetland Islands, and the Kinnoull oil field, about 260 kilometers northeast of the city of Aberdeen, JBIC said in a statement.
JX Nippon Oil and Gas, the energy upstream unit of JX Holdings Inc., bought a 29% stake in Mariner from Eni S.p.A. in December, and acquired a 6.27% of Kinnoull by asset exchange with Sumitomo Corp. in August.
JX's participation in these projects "would help improve Japan's energy security," the JBIC statement said.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 11 Offshore Rigs
- Italy Prosecutors Probe Eni For Tax Evasion At Refineries (Nov 22)
- Officials: BP, Eni Interested In Developing Iraq's Majnoon Oilfield (Nov 20)
- Eni's Giant Gas Field Prompts Egypt to End Imports in 2018 (Nov 15)
Company: Sumitomo more info
- Japanese Banks Expand To Ranks of World's Biggest Energy Lenders (Jun 09)
- JOGMEC Provides $45.6M Funding for Idemitsu-Sumitomo's Vietnam Exploration (Aug 14)
- Ithaca Buys Interests in 3 UK Fields (Jun 23)
Company: JX Nippon Oil & Gas Exploration more info
- Japan's JX To Sell North Sea Oil Field Stake To Faroe Petroleum (Jul 28)
- Maersk Highlander Ready for Action (Aug 19)
- Quadrant Fails to Find Hydrocarbons at Driftwood-1 Well in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 16)