Maersk Invests in New Danish Platform
Maersk Oil said Friday that it and its partners in the Danish Underground Consortium would invest $800 million in a new unmanned platform in the Danish North Sea.
The investment in the development, known as Tyra Southeast, is expected to add reserves and resources of 50 million barrels of oil equivalent over the next 30 years to Danish production, comprising of 20 million barrels of oil and 170 billion standard cubic feet of gas.
Mark Wallace, managing director for Maersk Oil Danish Business Unit, said: "The Danish North Sea still contains significant oil and gas resources. However, the remaining oil and gas is becoming progressively more difficult to extract, requiring efficient development, new technology and continued large investments."
First oil from the new development is expected in early 2015 and after installing the platform, Maersk Oil plans to drill 12 wells during 2015-2017.
Maersk Oil is a unit of Danish conglomerate A.P. Moller-Maersk A/S and is operator of the DUC joint venture.
DUC is a partnership between A.P. Moller-Maersk A/S holding a 31.2% stake, Royal Dutch Shell PLC holding 36.8%, Nordsofonden holding 20% and Chevron Corp. holding 12.0%.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 27 Offshore Rigs
- Shell Looks Beyond Road Fuels to Secure Future of Refining (Nov 06)
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
Company: Chevron Corporation more info
- ExxonMobil Jumping in to Mexico Fuel Market With First US Cargo (Dec 06)
- Chevron To Study Mexican Oil Block, No Drilling Seen In First 4 Years (Nov 30)
- Buying Texas Oil at New Mexico Prices: Majors Go West for Shale (Nov 14)
Company: Maersk Oil & Gas more info
- Maersk Oil CEO To Step Down After Total Takeover (Sep 27)
- Maersk Stands to Get Another $7.5 Billion for Energy Divestments (Aug 21)
- Fars News Agency: Maersk Sees Up To 140,000 Bpd Potential For Iran Field (Aug 01)