Total Gets NPD Nod for North Sea Appraisal
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate has granted Total E&P Norge AS a drilling permit for well 7225/3-2, cf. Section 8 of the Resource Management Regulations.
Wellbore 7225/3-2 will be drilled from the drilling facility Leiv Eiriksson (UDW semisub) at position 72 57' 05.17" north and 25 58' 23.34" east.
The drilling program for well 7225/3-2 relates to drilling of an appraisal well in production license 535. Total E&P Norge AS is the operator with an ownership interest of 40 percent. The other licensees are North Energy ASA with 20 percent, Det norske oljeselskap ASA with 20 percent, Valiant Petroleum Norge AS with 13 percent and Rocksource Exploration Norway AS with 7 percent.
The production license consists of blocks 7225/3 and 7226/1, and was awarded in the 20th licensing round in 2009.
Wildcat well 7225/3-2 is the second exploration well in production license 535.
The permit is contingent upon the operator securing all other permits and consents required by other authorities prior to starting drilling activities.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Total Starts Up Antwerp Refinery And Petrochem Complex After Upgrade (Nov 30)
- Hoegh LNG: Pakistan LNG Import Project Consortium Folds (Nov 16)
- France's Total Buys Engie's LNG Business For $1.5B (Nov 08)
Company: Norwegian Petroleum Directorate more info
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)