Maersk Extends North Sea Energy Enhancer Gig
Northern Offshore, Ltd. reported that its subsidiary, Northern Offshore U.K. Limited, has received a declaration from Maersk Olie og Gas AS exercising the first of three one-year options for the jackup Energy Enhancer (300' ILC). The commencement date of the option period is mid-July 2013, which commits the Energy Enhancer to Maersk for continued operation in the Danish Sector of the North Sea until June 2014. This option exercise adds approximately $48 million to the company's contracted revenue backlog.
"We are pleased with the opportunity to continue our relationship with Maersk and sincerely appreciate their commitment to Northern Offshore. The Energy Enhancer is performing very well and this contract extension provides a significant increase in revenue from this unit. There are two remaining one-year options and with the North Sea market continuing to strengthen, we remain optimistic about this sector for the foreseeable future," Gary W. Casswell, Northern Offshore's president and CEO, said.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Maersk Oil CEO To Step Down After Total Takeover (Sep 27)
- Maersk Stands to Get Another $7.5 Billion for Energy Divestments (Aug 21)
- Fars News Agency: Maersk Sees Up To 140,000 Bpd Potential For Iran Field (Aug 01)
Company: Northern Offshore more info
Manages 3 Offshore Rigs
- Northern Offshore Delays Delivery of 2 Jackups Now Being Built in China (Apr 01)
- Northern Offshore Issues Notice to Terminate Contract for Energy Searcher (Jan 13)
- Energy Searcher Signed Up for Nigeria Drill (Dec 09)