Hess Closes ACG Stake Sale with ONGC Videsh
Hess Corporation announced it has completed the sale of its 2.72 percent interest in the Azeri, Chirag and Guneshli Fields (ACG) and its 2.36 percent interest in the associated BTC pipeline to ONGC Videsh Ltd. for $1 billion. Adjusting for net cash flow received since the Jan. 1, 2012 effective date of sale, after tax net proceeds are $884 million.
The BP operated ACG fields, located in the Caspian Sea approximately 62 miles (100 kilometers) east of Baku, commenced production in 1997.
"This sale is another step in the execution of our strategy to become a more focused, higher growth, lower risk pure play exploration and production company," said Chairman and CEO John B. Hess. "Consistent with our announcement on March 4, the after tax net proceeds from this sale will be used to pay down an equivalent amount of short term debt."
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Hess Cutting Hundreds of Workers As It Battles Activist Investor (Jan 16)
- ExxonMobil Reports More Offshore Guyana Success (Jan 05)
- About 75,000 Bpd Of Gulf Oil Output Still Shut After Shell Fire (Nov 15)
Company: ONGC Videsh more info
- India's ONGC Videsh to Spend Over $3 Billion on Iran Gas Block (Apr 04)
- India Clears ONGC's Extra 11% Stake Buy in Russia's Vankor Fields (Oct 05)
- ONGC Videsh Inks Deal with Rosneft to Up Stake in Russia's Vankorneft (Sep 15)