Valiant Farms out Handcross Prospect
North Sea-focused Valiant Petroleum announced Thursday that it is farming out 20-percent of its Handcross project to Germany's RWE Dea.
The Handcross prospect is located west of Shetland on licenses P1631 (Block 204/18b) and P1832 (Blocks 204/14c and 204/19c). It is a large Palaeocene, channelized fan prospect that is close to the Suilven and Tornado discoveries and around 13 miles from BP's Quad 204 redevelopment.
The Handcross exploration well is scheduled to be drilled during the fourth quarter of this year by the Stena Carron drillship.
Following the completion of the transaction the Handcross partners will be: Valiant, as operator with a 70-percent stake; RWE Dea, with 20 percent; and Sussex Energy, with 10 percent.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 33 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
- Owners of Louisiana-Illinois Pipeline Eye Reversal Next Steps (Dec 21)
- Canadian Offshore Oil Interest Grows As Pipeline Woes Sink Alberta Prices (Dec 20)
Company: RWE-DEA more info
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Lundin Granted Drilling Permit in PL609 (Sep 10)
- Lundin Spuds Appraisal Well on Alta Discovery (Mar 25)
Company: Valiant Petroleum more info
- Valiant Farms out Handcross Prospect (Mar 28)
- Valiant Farms out Isabella Prospect to Maersk (Mar 08)
- Ithaca Makes Takeover Offer for Valiant Petroleum (Mar 01)