InterOil Finalizes PNG Farm-In Deal with Pacific Rubiales
InterOil Corporation announced that it has completed the farm-in transaction with Pacific Rubiales Energy Corp. relating to its acquisition of a 10% net (12.9% gross) participating interest in Petroleum Prospecting License 237 (PPL 237) onshore Papua New Guinea, including the Triceratops structure and exploration acreage located within that license. This announcement is made to confirm completion of the Farm-In Agreement with PRE announced July 30, 2012.
On March 23, 2013, PRE funded the final payment of approximately $55 million under the Farm-In Agreement. Together with previous payments PRE has funded the full $116 million cash payment due under the Farm-in Agreement. Additional payments of PRE's drilling costs for the Triceratops-2 well are scheduled to be paid in the coming months.
"InterOil is pleased to have completed the Farm-In Transaction with Pacific Rubiales, a company with a track record of successful exploration and production development," stated Phil Mulacek, Chief Executive Officer of InterOil. "We look forward to appraisal and development of the Triceratops gas and condensate field with our partners."
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Exxon's South Pacific Gas Grab Derided By InterOil's Founder (Jul 26)
- Oil, Gas Companies Tighten Cash Flow at Expense of Future Growth (Jul 26)
- Oil Search Won't Counter Exxon Bid For Gas Explorer InterOil (Jul 21)
Company: Pacific Rubiales Energy more info
- Pacific Rubiales Posts Record Drop as Alfa Takeover Bid Quashed (Jul 09)
- Mexico's Alfa Says Offer for Pacific Rubiales is 'Fair and Final' (Jun 26)
- InterOil Spuds Triceratops-3 Well in Papua New Guinea (Jun 15)