Otto Reports Reserves Increase at Galoc Field
Otto Energy Ltd. provided an update on remaining oil reserve balances at the Galoc oil field in the Philippines as at Jan. 1, 2013.
- Otto announces updated attributable Galoc oil field 1P Reserves of 3.4 MMstb and 2P Reserves of 4.3 MMstb.
- Galoc has Reserves Replacement Ratio of 115 percent on the Proved basis and 98 percent on the Proved & Probable basis.
- Galoc oil field Reserves are expected to maintain production beyond 2020.
- Otto expects increased production volume from Galoc Phase II in 2H 2013.
- Galoc is one of three exploration events planned by Otto in CY2013 along with the Duhat-2 well and SC-55 prospect in the Philippines.
The operator of the Galoc oil field, Galoc Production Company WLL, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Otto. It has commissioned an annual review of remaining oil reserves from RISK, an independent consulting firm.
RISC has reviewed the Galoc oil field reserves in accordance with the SPE, WPC, AAPG and SPEE Petroleum Resource Management System definitions, guidelines and auditing standards.
The reported increases in reserves are attributable to better than expected reservoir performance to date and an extension of field life due to higher prevailing oil prices. The Galoc oil field is expected to remain in production beyond 2020 based on the Galoc Phase I and Phase II well configuration.
"Galoc continues to be a key asset for Otto, delivering valuable cashflow to fund future growth opportunities. I look forward to the delivery of continued reliable production from existing operations and increased production volume from Galoc Phase II in 2H 2013. I am proud of Otto's continued growth as an integrated exploration, development and production company focused on South East Asia and East Africa," Otto's Chief Executive Officer Gregor McNab sai.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Philippines DOE Grants Moratorium on Palawan Basin's SC55 Work Program (Jun 17)
- Otto Launches Legal Action Against Swala Over Tanzania's Pangani License (May 13)
- Otto Energy Updates on Drilling at SM-71 #1 Discovery in the Gulf of Mexico (Apr 27)