BG Group Appoints New Director
UK gas major BG Group has appointed a new non-executive director to help the firm with its activities in China, it announced Monday.
Lim Haw-Kuang will fill the vacancy left by Philippe Varin, who stood down from BG's board in February after seven years as a non-executive director.
BG Chairman Andrew Gould commented in a statement:
"I am delighted to welcome Haw-Kuang to the BG Group board. He has extensive experience across the international oil and gas industry, including long service as a senior executive in China, the world's fastest growing energy market.
"This gives him a background highly relevant to BG Group as the company becomes China's largest supplier of liquefied natural gas through long-term agreements with CNOOC."
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Shell Mulls LNG-Hub Network as Use by Ships and Trucks Expands (Jul 11)
- Tanzania Laws Would Allow Govt to Tear Up Mining, Energy Deals (Jun 29)
- Despite Cuts, Big Oil to Expand Production into the 2020s (Sep 05)
Company: CNOOC more info
- Iceland's Oil Dream in Peril as China, Norway Give Up Last Block (Jan 23)
- ExxonMobil Reports More Offshore Guyana Success (Jan 05)
- CNOOC 3Q Revenue Rises; Only Halfway To 2017 Spending Goal (Oct 25)