TNK-BP Profit Down in 4Q 2012
MOSCOW - Russian oil producer TNK-BP International, which is being acquired by oil giant OAO Rosneft from BP PLC and its partners, said Thursday that its fourth-quarter net profit fell 11% on year to $1.87 billion due to lower sales volumes and higher taxes.
The $55 billion deal in which state-controlled Rosneft will acquire TNK-BP from BP and the AAR consortium of Soviet-born tycoons is expected to close in the first half of this year.
"We have started dialogue with Rosneft on initial preliminary planning. But management remains focused on our performance targets," said TNK-BP Chief Financial Officer Jonathan Muir.
He said total hydrocarbon output is expected to rise about 1% in 2013, with liquids production remaining flat. He also said TNK-BP planned to increase capital expenditure for 2013 to around $6.5 billion.
Fourth-quarter production at TNK-BP--Russia's No. 3 crude producer--was down slightly to 2.02 million barrels of oil equivalent (boe) per day from 2.04 million in the same quarter in 2011. But production overall in 2012 grew by 1.8% compared with the full year figures in 2011, as increased greenfield production offset declines at older fields.
TNK-BP also increased its proven reserves to 9.8 billion boe, replacing 210% of its 2012 production under the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission's LOF (life of field) standards, or SEC-LOF.
TNK-BP's fourth-quarter revenue was down 8% on the year to $14.4 billion, while earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization, or Ebitda, were down 9% on the year to $3.19 billion. Net debt at the end of the quarter was $3.86 billion.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 33 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
- Owners of Louisiana-Illinois Pipeline Eye Reversal Next Steps (Dec 21)
- Canadian Offshore Oil Interest Grows As Pipeline Woes Sink Alberta Prices (Dec 20)
Company: Rosneft more info
- Russia's Rosneft, In U-Turn, Plans To Bid For Alrosa's Gas Assets (Dec 29)
- Sanction-Proof Oil Rig Beats US Policy From Cuba to Russia (Dec 19)
- Russia's Rosneft Signs Oil Supply Deal With Greece's Motor Oil (Nov 20)
Company: TNK-BP more info
- Rosneft Board Member Rejects Criticism of TNK-BP Buyout (Oct 04)
- Rosneft: TNK-BP Integration 'Mostly Complete' (Jun 20)
- TNK-BP Acquisition Boosts Rosneft's 1Q Production (Apr 30)