Subsea 7 Wins Talisman Pipeline Contract
Oilfield services firm Subsea 7 announced Wednesday that it has been awarded a contract to install pipeline bundles at Talisman Sinopec Energy UK's Montrose Area Redevelopment Project.
The contract, valued at $285 million, will see Subsea 7 deliver two three-mile pipeline bundles that will tie back the Cayley field to the new bridge-linked platform (BLP) at the Montrose facility. The contract scope also includes the procurement, fabrication and installation of an 11-mile production pipeline, water injection pipeline, gas lift pipeline and control umbilical to tie back the Shaw field to the BLP.
Subsea 7 said that engineering and project management will begin immediately from the firm's Aberdeen office with offshore operations starting in 2014.
Steph McNeill, Subsea 7's Vice President for UK and Canada, commented in a statement:
"This contract award continues our long-standing business relationship with Talisman. The complexity of this project further illustrates our bundle system’s unique ability to offer a highly cost-effective single product which neatly integrates all necessary pipelines and control lines."
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 8 Offshore Rigs
- Strong Upstream Performance from European Majors (Jul 28)
- PETRONAS, PetroVietnam Extend PM3CAA PSC in Malaysia-Vietnam Waters to 2027 (May 10)
- Repsol Significantly Scales Back Upstream Investment (Oct 15)
Company: Subsea 7 more info
- Subsea 7 Shares Surge On Special Dividend, Q4 Earnings Beat (Mar 02)
- Subsea 7 Takes Delivery of New Vessels (Feb 02)
- Report: Oil, Gas Companies in Aberdeen Face Tax 'Bombshell' (Dec 19)