ExxonMobil Completes Acquisition of Celtic Exploration
Celtic Exploration Ltd. said Tuesday that Exxon Mobil Corp.'s 2.59 billion Canadian dollar ($2.52 billion) acquisition of Celtic has closed and that its shares will be delisted from the Toronto Stock Exchange.
Exxon first announced the planned purchase of the Calgary, Alberta-based energy company in October. The Canadian government approved the deal last week.
Celtic's output and proved reserves are heavily weighted towards natural gas. The transaction, which totals about C$3.1 billion including debt considerations, is Exxon's largest since it bought XTO Energy in 2010.
Separately, Exxon's Imperial Oil Ltd. subsidiary said it acquired a 50% participating interest in Celtic following the completion of the transaction.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 15 Offshore Rigs
- ExxonMobil Reports Papua New Guinea Discovery (Jan 16)
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
- ExxonMobil Reports More Offshore Guyana Success (Jan 05)
Company: Celtic Exploration Ltd. more info
- ExxonMobil Completes Acquisition of Celtic Exploration (Feb 26)
- Celtic Says Yes to $3.1B ExxonMobil Takover (Dec 18)
- Imperial Oil Extends Canada Base with Celtic Exploration Acquisition (Nov 28)