TNK-BP to Target US Tight Oil
MOSCOW - Russian oil producer TNK-BP Ltd. wants to gain access to U.S. tight oil projects in order to get expertise that can be used on deposits in Russia, the company's senior vice president for international projects, Boris Zilbermints, said Wednesday.
Russia has potentially huge tight oil resources in Western Siberia, where output at its main Soviet-era fields is waning.
TNK-BP, a joint venture between BP plc and a group of Soviet-born tycoons, is being taken over by Russian state-controlled oil giant OAO Rosneft.
Mr. Zilbermints said he'd had no contact with Rosneft on integration. He said the integration process would begin after the takeover closed, expected in the first half of this year.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Eni Says Is Drilling In Black Sea Project While Monitoring US Sanctions (Jan 24)
- Russia's Rosneft, In U-Turn, Plans To Bid For Alrosa's Gas Assets (Dec 29)
- Sanction-Proof Oil Rig Beats US Policy From Cuba to Russia (Dec 19)
Company: TNK-BP more info
- Rosneft Board Member Rejects Criticism of TNK-BP Buyout (Oct 04)
- Rosneft: TNK-BP Integration 'Mostly Complete' (Jun 20)
- TNK-BP Acquisition Boosts Rosneft's 1Q Production (Apr 30)