Technip Wins BP Angola FPSO Deal
French oilfield services firm Technip has won a five-year contract with BP Angola for engineering and modification services on two FPSO (floating production, storage and offloading) vessels located in Blocks 18 and 31 offshore Angola.
Technip said the contract follows the successful completion of a previous five-year contract for engineering services on the Greater Plutonio FPSO. The new award covers not only the engineering for the two FPSOs, but also procurement and management of offshore and onshore construction activities.
Technip's operating center in Luanda, Angola, will carry out the contract, which is scheduled for completion at the end of 2017.
Technip's general manager for Angola, Benoit Verdier, commented in a statement:
"We are pleased to be awarded this new project by our long-term client, as it will open up many additional opportunities in the Angolan marketplace. Thanks to this contract from BP and its partners, with the approval of concessionaire Sonangol, Technip in Angola is entrusted to deliver quality services. We will help BP keep its operations safe, compliant with regulations in place and reliable, while progressively strengthening Angola's national content and business capabilities."
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 33 Offshore Rigs
- BP Is Said to Weigh Bid for $1.8B Italian Solar Company (Jan 22)
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
- Owners of Louisiana-Illinois Pipeline Eye Reversal Next Steps (Dec 21)
Company: Technip more info
- Sasol Plans More Hiring for Louisiana Project (Oct 12)
- Bapco To Meet Technip-Led Consortium For Talks On Refinery Expansion (Aug 22)
- Fluor Wins Malaysia Isononanol Plant Contract (Aug 07)