Suncor Spuds Scotney Prospect in the UK North Sea
Norwegian Energy Company (Noreco) reported Monday that drilling has started of an exploration well on its Scotney prospect in license P1658, on Block 20/5b, in the UK North Sea.
According to Noreco, Scotney is a four-way dip closure in a proven Upper Jurassic play that is close to existing infrastructure. It is located in the North Buchan Graben off the east coast of Scotland.
The well is being drilled using the WilHunter (mid-water semisub) rig.
Noreco has a 43.75-percent interest in license P1658, which is operated by Suncor Energy.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Suncor Says Makes Progress In Oil Sands Project Dispute With Total (Oct 26)
- Canadian Oil's High-Priced Run Set to End as Supply Surges (Oct 11)
- Suncor, Total Argue Over Cost Of Fort Hills Project (Jul 27)
Company: Norwegian Energy Company (NORECO) more info
- Det Norske to Acquire Noreco's Norwegian Portfolio (Mar 02)
- Noreco Oil UK Receives Huntington License Default Notice (Nov 02)
- Noreco CEO Steps Down (Oct 13)