Aker and DSME Awarded $1.1B Dagny Contracts by Statoil
Aker Solutions has been selected as the major subcontractor to supply detailed engineering services to Statoil's Dagny platform in the North Sea, the company reported Monday. In its own statement on the deal, Statoil revealed that it had awarded Korean firm Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering with the award to build the topsides for the platform.
The total value of the contracts is approximately $1.1 billion
Aker's operations in Stavanger and Oslo, Norway, as well as Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia will work with Daewoo and Statoil on detailed engineering services and offshore hook-up and commissioning. The hook-up is scheduled to take place in 2016.
Statoil Chief Procurement Officer Jon Arnt Jacobsen commented in a company statement:
"We feel confident that the supplier we have chosen for the main contract can deliver on time, cost and quality.
"They will work with a solid engineering team from Aker Solutions. We note that there are several alliances between different international players in the bids we receive now, when both Norwegian and international suppliers are main contractors."
The Dagny field is estimated to hold recoverable reserves of some 225 million barrels of oil equivalent. The total investment in the development is expected to be $5.6 billion. Maersk Drilling was awarded the contract for production drilling on Dagny in 2012, while last month Heerema Vlissingen was contracted to build the platform's jacket.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil May Build Onshore Terminal for Castberg Oil -Minister (Jan 16)
- Canadian Offshore Oil Interest Grows As Pipeline Woes Sink Alberta Prices (Dec 20)
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
Company: DSME more info
- Seadrill Defers Delivery of Drillships from DSME (Jan 15)
- DSME Files Complaint with LMAA Over Songa Offshore's Newbuild Semisubs (Jul 31)
- DNV Launches JIP with South Korean Yards to Reduce Project Cost by 15% (Jul 23)
Company: Aker Solutions more info
- Aker BP Buys Hess' Norway Unit For $2B (Oct 24)
- Aker Completes More Than Two-Thirds of Cost-Cutting Program (May 09)
- Aker Solutions Reduces Total Headcount by Almost 5,000 Since 2014 (Mar 30)