BG Group Sells Texas Cotton Valley Assets
BG Group announced it signed a sale and purchase agreement with EXCO Resources for the divestment of all its interests in the shallow, non-core, conventional producing assets and acreage in the Cotton Valley formation for a consideration of $132.5 million.
These assets, covering approximately 54,165 net leasehold acres across East Texas and North Louisiana, are not required to be held by BG Group in order to hold, drill and produce the undeveloped Haynesville/Bossier formation shale reserves which lie beneath the Cotton Valley formation.
Closing of this transaction is expected in the first quarter of 2013.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Shell Mulls LNG-Hub Network as Use by Ships and Trucks Expands (Jul 11)
- Tanzania Laws Would Allow Govt to Tear Up Mining, Energy Deals (Jun 29)
- Despite Cuts, Big Oil to Expand Production into the 2020s (Sep 05)
Company: EXCO Resources, Inc. more info
- EXCO Halts Drilling In Eagle Ford Shale, Cites Low Oil Prices (Oct 27)
- BG Group Sells Texas Cotton Valley Assets (Feb 15)
- EXCO Finalizes $725M Deal with Harbinger Group (Feb 15)