Oil Majors Back Scottish Corrosion Prevention Firm
Scottish oil and gas technology firm LUX Assure announced Wednesday that it has received an investment of approximately $5.2 million from a number of sources, including oil majors ConocoPhillips and Statoil.
The firm, which specializes in corrosion management, will use the funds to transform itself from a technology development business to a service provider for the oil and gas sector.
LUX Assure Chairman Laurence Ormerod said in a company statement:
"This major investment will allow LUX to capitalize on the excellent chemical monitoring products developed by the company. Our CoMic and OMMICA products have been very well received by the industry so this seems to be an appropriate time to dedicate the company to growing sales, both within the UK and overseas. We are delighted to have ConocoPhillips and Statoil as new shareholders."
As well as receiving investment from ConocoPhillips and Statoil Technology Invest, Archangel Informal Investment and the Scottish Investment Bank (a division of Scottish Enterprise) also took part in the funding round, LUX Assure said.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil May Build Onshore Terminal for Castberg Oil -Minister (Jan 16)
- Canadian Offshore Oil Interest Grows As Pipeline Woes Sink Alberta Prices (Dec 20)
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
Company: ConocoPhillips more info
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
- ConocoPhillips Vows Financial Discipline As Aims To Boost Output (Nov 08)
- ConocoPhillips' Profit Beats Estimates, But Budget Cut 10% (Oct 26)