BG Group to Miss 1 MMboepd Target
BG Group warned Tuesday that previous guidance given by the company that it would produce in excess of one million barrels of oil equivalent per day (boepd) in 2015 will not now be achieved.
BG Group indicated that the continuing uncertainty about the timing for the resumption of production at the Total-operated Elgin/Franklin field was partially to blame for the revision of its guidance. BG Group had already warned in October that its production was being held back by the shutdown of Elgin/Franklin, where a major gas leak occurred in March last year. The firm's production for 2012 of 658,000 boepd was in line with the revised guidance it gave in its 3Q 2012 results.
BG Group also pointed out that production during the first half of 2013 will be slightly down on 1H 2012 and even lower during 3Q 2013, when the firm performs most of its maintenance program. However, the firm added that it expects production growth to be strong during 4Q 2013 thanks to the planned ramp up of two FPSO vessels in Brazil and significant volumes from its Jasmine and Margarita fields.
The company also saw first production achieved from the 120,000 bopd FPSO vessel on the Sapinhoá field, operated by Petrobras, in January.
For 2013 as a whole, BG Group expects to produce at a rate of between 630,000 boepd and 660,000 boepd.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Total Starts Up Antwerp Refinery And Petrochem Complex After Upgrade (Nov 30)
- Hoegh LNG: Pakistan LNG Import Project Consortium Folds (Nov 16)
- France's Total Buys Engie's LNG Business For $1.5B (Nov 08)
Company: BG Group more info
- Shell Mulls LNG-Hub Network as Use by Ships and Trucks Expands (Jul 11)
- Tanzania Laws Would Allow Govt to Tear Up Mining, Energy Deals (Jun 29)
- Despite Cuts, Big Oil to Expand Production into the 2020s (Sep 05)