Aker Wins Dagny/Sleipner Tie-In Contract
Aker Solutions reported Wednesday that it has been awarded a $117 million contract by Statoil to carry out modification work on the Sleipner A offshore platform in the Norwegian sector of the North Sea. The contract will see Aker carry out engineering, procurement, construction, installation and commissioning (EPCIC) work to tie in gas production from the Dagny platform.
Engineering work for the project will be carried out from Aker Solutions' offices in Stavanger, Bergen and Mumbai and will also engage prefabrication resources at its yard in Egersund, the firm said.
"We are very proud to be selected by Statoil for another tie-in project. Modification work is part of our core business and it is important for us to stay competitive and be awarded key projects such as this," Tore Sjursen, Aker's head of maintenance, modifications and operations, said in a company statement.
The Sleipner area is the second largest gas producer in the North Sea, after the Troll field. The Dagny field is located approximately 20 miles northwest of Sleipner East. Dagny was discovered in 1974.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil May Build Onshore Terminal for Castberg Oil -Minister (Jan 16)
- Canadian Offshore Oil Interest Grows As Pipeline Woes Sink Alberta Prices (Dec 20)
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
Company: Aker Solutions more info
- Aker BP Buys Hess' Norway Unit For $2B (Oct 24)
- Aker Completes More Than Two-Thirds of Cost-Cutting Program (May 09)
- Aker Solutions Reduces Total Headcount by Almost 5,000 Since 2014 (Mar 30)