Transocean Rig Arrives to Complete Timon Well
The Timon well (211/11b-7), located in blocks 211/11b and 211/16b, originally spud in May 2012 before being suspended due to operation problems with the previous drilling rig. The well is now expected to take around 40 days to complete.
Timon is an Upper Jurassic sand play with gross prospective resources estimated at 30 million barrels of oil equivalent.
The partners in the P1633 license, which covers the 211/11b and 211/16b blocks, are MPX North Sea (operator, 15 percent), Agora Oil & Gas UK (25 percent), TAQA Bratani (18 percent), Wintershall E&P (17 percent), Sorgenia E&P (15 percent) and Valiant (10 percent).
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Libya's NOC, Wintershall Strike Interim Deal To Resume Output (Jun 13)
- BASF Sees Role of Oil and Gas Unit Declining Further (May 12)
Company: Abu Dhabi National Energy Co.(TAQA) more info
- UAE Energy Firm TAQA Posts Wider Q3 Loss On Oil Price Slump (Nov 09)
- Abu Dhabi's TAQA To Price Weds Tap Of Existing 2021, 2026 Bonds (Oct 12)
- Abu Dhabi's TAQA Q2 Net Loss Widens To $160M (Aug 10)
Company: Valiant Petroleum more info
- Valiant Farms out Handcross Prospect (Mar 28)
- Valiant Farms out Isabella Prospect to Maersk (Mar 08)
- Ithaca Makes Takeover Offer for Valiant Petroleum (Mar 01)
Company: MPX Energy more info
- Blackford Dolphin Rig Secured for Aragon Prospect (Jul 11)
- Transocean Rig Arrives to Complete Timon Well (Jan 25)
- Bridge Farms Down Aragon Interest to Cairn and JX Nippon (Jan 04)