Pulse Structural Monitoring Bags Big Foot Deal in GOM
Pulse Structural Monitoring, Inc., an Acteon company and part of its marine electronics, instrumentation and survey business, has won a major contract with Chevron U.S.A. Inc. to provide an integrated monitoring system for the Big Foot extended tension leg platform (ETLP) in the Gulf of Mexico.
Monitoring the Big Foot ETLP will require a combination of components to ensure the integrity of the tensioner assembly, the tensioner and the top tension risers. Pulse's proprietary INTEGRI range, a line of modular sensing instrumentation tools, will be utilized for offshore monitoring including integrated real-time data processing and transmittal to shore.
Pulse has a strong track record of reliability with more than 500 subsea applications worldwide and has logged more than two million operational hours. The INTEGRI range has a proven track record in severe deepwater environments like that of the Gulf of Mexico, and INTEGRI sensors have a Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF) of 47 years.
"This contract solidifies Pulse as an industry leader in production riser monitoring," said Pulse Structural Monitoring business development manager Jeff Diestler. "Our outstanding track record and innovative approach to challenging problems provide confidence to our clients about the integrity of their assets in challenging environments."
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- ExxonMobil Jumping in to Mexico Fuel Market With First US Cargo (Dec 06)
- Chevron To Study Mexican Oil Block, No Drilling Seen In First 4 Years (Nov 30)
- Buying Texas Oil at New Mexico Prices: Majors Go West for Shale (Nov 14)
Company: Acteon more info
- InterMoor Wraps Up Ops at Offshore Angola Gig (Apr 03)
- 2H Offshore Expands Malaysia & Australia Presence, May Recruit Engineering (Dec 04)
- LDD Wraps Up Foundation Installation Gig Offshore Gabon (Oct 20)