Tullow Extends West Leo Gig
Tullow plc has exercised its contractual option to extend the contract for the rig West Leo (UDW semisub) by two years from May 2016 to May 2018. The West Leo is expected to carry out operations in West Africa until the end of its contract in May 2018.
The potential contract revenue for the extension is estimated to approximately $450 million based on 97 percent utilization and includes a performance bonus arrangement. This brings the total estimated contract value to $1.13 billion.
In line with the omnibus agreement terms and conditions between Seadrill and Seadrill Partners, Seadrill is obligated to offer the West Leo to Seadrill Partners at a fair market price.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Ivory Coast Awards Tullow Two New Oil and Gas Blocks (Jan 17)
- UK's Tullow Oil Lifts Outlook On Higher Crude Prices, Output (Nov 08)
- Tullow Oil Signs Exploration Contracts Offshore Ivory Coast (Oct 11)
Company: Seadrill Ltd more info
- Norway's Seadrill Gets Two Rival Debt Restructuring Proposals (Oct 23)
- Seadrill's Debt Overhaul Faces Creditor Scrutiny (Oct 02)
- Seadrill Files for Bankruptcy in Bid to Shrink Debt Burden (Sep 13)