Songa Says Trym Rig Ready by End January
Cyprus-based rig provider Songa Offshore said Tuesday that it expects its Songa Trym (mid-water semisub) to be ready to enter into a contract with Statoil after modification work is completed at the end of January.
In an operations update, Songa said the Songa Trym rig has now completed its stay at the Coast Center Base yard at Fjell, Norway. Work completed included corrections of non-conformities identified by Norway's Petroleum Safety Authority in an audit Nov. 15, according to the company.
Songa added that since its stay at the yard ended Jan. 2, the rig has undergone incline testing and is in the process of completing final parts of its drilling equipment package and getting its blow-out preventers lifted on board prior to client acceptance testing. The firm estimates the total cost of the yard stay at $205 million.
Songa also reported that its Songa Venus (mid-water semisub) rig – currently leased to Petronas Carigali in Malaysia – achieved an operating efficiency of 100 percent in December. Songa Mercur (mid-water semisub), Songa Dee (mid-water semisub) and Songa Eclipse (UDW semisub) all achieved operating efficiencies of 98 percent, while Songa Delta (mid-water semisub) achieved 95 percent during the month.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil May Build Onshore Terminal for Castberg Oil -Minister (Jan 16)
- Canadian Offshore Oil Interest Grows As Pipeline Woes Sink Alberta Prices (Dec 20)
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
Company: PETRONAS more info
Operates 10 Offshore Rigs
- After Europe's Gas Market Disasters, LNG May Come to the Rescue (Dec 12)
- Petronas Unit Agrees Share Swap With Shell's Africa Operator (Dec 05)
- Malaysia's Petronas Asked To Exit Myanmar In Protest Of Rohingya Crisis (Nov 08)
Company: Songa Offshore ASA more info
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Songa Offshore to Cut 430 Jobs Due to Ongoing Norway Oil, Gas Strikes (Sep 30)
- Songa Encourage Rig Commences 8-Year Statoil Drilling Contract (Apr 12)