McDermott Gets LOA for Litoral Project in Mexico
PEMEX has awarded McDermott International a letter of award for a turnkey contract for the PB-Litoral-A production platform in the Litoral Tabasco Tsimin-Xux fields. The value is roughly $230 million.
"This project reaffirms our Altamira, Mexico fabrication facility as a key player for both domestic and international offshore construction projects," said Steven W. Roll, vice president and general manager of Atlantic region, in a statement. "Our investments in Altamira are beginning to show dividends as we continue to grow the facility and supporting resources in this strategic location."
The scope of work includes front-end engineering design, detailed engineering, procurement, fabrication, load-out, sea fastening, transport, installation, hook-up, commissioning and start-up of an eight-legged, 1,800-tonne jacket, 4,500-tonne topsides and 2,000 tons of tripods, bridges and piles. The total weight of the installation is 8,300 tonnes. In addition, the company will undertake bridge and piping tie-in, and brownfield work on the CA-Litoral-A HP compression platform.
McDermott will also provide training top PEMEX personnel for operation and maintenance of the facility once commissioned.
The project is currently being developed. Engineering work is slated to begin in early 2013; and full completion is expected during the second quarter of 2015.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Exclusive: McDermott to Double Headcount in Mexico by Year-End (May 05)
- McDermott Opens New Office in Saudi Arabia; Adds 300 Jobs (Nov 02)
- Mexico's Sole Platform Fabrication Project to Create Jobs (Sep 27)
Company: Pemex more info
Operates 45 Offshore Rigs
- Mexico Says Deepwater Oil Tender Doomed By Brazil Competition (Dec 08)
- Sources: Mexico's Pemex Declares Force Majeure On Isthmus Crude Oil (Nov 29)
- Mexico's Pemex Makes Biggest Onshore Oil Find in 15 Years - President (Nov 03)