Santos Suspends Production at Patricia-Baleen Gas Processing Plant
Santos confirmed with Rigzone Monday that production at its Patricia-Baleen gas processing facility has been suspended as a result of an electrical fault.
The facility, sited in the Gippsland Basin, 15 miles (23 kilometers) offshore the north-eastern coast of Victoria, processes gas from Nexus’ offshore Longtom development in the VIC/L23 permit.
Nexus said in a statement on Monday: "The outage is expected to continue until the fault is identified and fixed through an offshore intervention program. Planning for the offshore intervention has been initiated with Santos, to identify and remedy the fault and return the plant to continuous production as quickly as possible."
Nexus was unavailable on Monday to provide additional comments.
Commenting on Nexus' statement, a Santos' spokesperson said: "Santos and Nexus will be working together in upcoming investigations."
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Australia's Santos Profit Soars, Flags China LNG Sales Push (Feb 21)
- Santos Seen Luring More Bids After Rejecting $7.2 Billion Offer (Nov 16)
- Australia's Santos Steps Up Effort To Avert LNG Export Curb (Aug 30)
Company: Nexus Energy more info
- Nexus Resumes Production at Longtom-4 Well in Gippsland Basin (Mar 12)
- Nexus Updates on Plans to Divest its Crux, Longtom Assets in Australia (Feb 21)
- Santos Suspends Production at Patricia-Baleen Gas Processing Plant (Jan 14)