Scomi Confirms its Role in $500M to $1B Offshore Terengganu RSC
Malaysia's Scomi Group confirmed Friday that it will continue to support a bid submission to Petronas for the Tembikai and Cenang Cluster Offshore Terengganu risk service contract (RSC) project.
Local media reported on Thursday that the RSC for the Tembikai marginal oil field had re-opened, after the bid by forerunner Scomi-Cue Resources was said to have faced some problems.
Cue Energy was among the marginal oil field contractors invited to bid for the contract, with Scomi brought onboard as the local partnering company.
Scomi said in a disclosure that it was not aware if Petronas had awarded the project. The company added that it will be making appropriate announcements to the local bourse’s operator in a timely manner.
Petronas is understood to have held technical reviews for Tembikai and Cenang with the shortlisted bidders that include the likes of international oil field services providers such as Baker Hughes, Halliburton and Petrofac, as well as independents such as AWE and Hydra Energy, CIMB revealed in a research report published in September of last year. Potential Malaysian companies in the bidding mix with the foreign players include SapuraKencana, Dialog, Alam Maritim, Daya Materials and Scomi.
The development at Tembikai and Cenang will primarily target gas production. Discovered in the 1980s, Tembikai is expected to be developed over a period of up to nine years, with the project costing $500 million to $1 billion.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 10 Offshore Rigs
- After Europe's Gas Market Disasters, LNG May Come to the Rescue (Dec 12)
- Petronas Unit Agrees Share Swap With Shell's Africa Operator (Dec 05)
- Malaysia's Petronas Asked To Exit Myanmar In Protest Of Rohingya Crisis (Nov 08)
Company: Cue Energy Resources more info
- Sampang JV Approves Project to Extend Field Life by 2 Years to 2020 (Sep 22)
- SKK Migas Extends Exploration Period for East Kalimantan's Mahakam PSC (May 04)
- NOPTA Approves Cue's WA-359-P Work Program Suspension, Extends Permit Term (Apr 14)