Endeavour: Transocean Semisub Mobilized to Rochelle Field
Endeavour International Corporation announced that the Transocean Prospect (mid-water semisub) has been mobilized to the Rochelle field to complete the drilling of the East Rochelle development well in the U.K. Central North Sea.
After a short mobilization period, anchoring and set up process, the rig will commence final drilling and completion of the development well. Drilling of the East Rochelle development well was suspended in November 2012 to allow for the completion of the subsea installation. The following infrastructure items have been accomplished:
- The Rochelle drill center manifolds have all been installed and piled to the seabed.
- A sub-sea isolation valve has also been installed within the Scott 500 meter safety zone.
- The 24-mile (38-kilometer) Rochelle pipeline system (East and West) has been installed, trenched, backfilled and rock dumped.
- The East and West pipeline system was successfully de-watered with nitrogen back to the Scott platform and is now ready to accept first hydrocarbons once the final drilling, well tie-in and pre-commissioning operations are completed.
- All subsea hydraulic, electric and chemical injection umbilical tie-ins have been completed. The umbilical has also been connected to the Scott topsides umbilical termination unit and all lines have been successfully tested point to point.
"The decision at the end of last year to suspend the first well due to the inability to perform simultaneous pipe-lay and development drilling operations has facilitated a critical aspect of the development, the subsea infrastructure, to be completed," said William L. Transier, chairman, chief executive officer and president. "Once the remaining section of the well is drilled and the well is tied in, we will be in a position to start production of hydrocarbons from East Rochelle."
Endeavour is the operator of the Rochelle development project and holds a 44% ownership interest in the Rochelle development which is comprised of Blocks 15/26b, 15/26c and 15/27.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Manages 46 Offshore Rigs
- Oil's Biggest Rigs Headed to Junkyard as Daily Losses Mount (Oct 18)
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Borr Drilling Signs Deal With Transocean to Buy 15 Rigs (Mar 20)
Company: Endeavour International Corporation more info
- Endeavour Halts Drilling Ops at East Rochelle (Feb 14)
- Endeavour: Transocean Semisub Mobilized to Rochelle Field (Jan 07)
- Endeavour CFO Resigns (Oct 29)