Subsea 7 Wins EPIC Contract for Western Isles Development
Offshore services firm Subsea 7 announced Friday that it has won a $300 million contract from Dana Petroleum to supply EPIC (engineering, procurement, installation and commissioning) services to Dana's Western Isles development project, offshore Scotland.
Subsea 7 said that the contract scope includes two 1.5-miles pipeline bundles and a seven-mile gas export pipeline. Engineering and project management will start immediately from the firm's Aberdeen office, with offshore activities scheduled to begin in 2014
Subsea 7 Vice President for UK and Canada Steph McNeill commented in a company statement:
"The award of this prestigious contract from Dana is an endorsement of our unique bundle technology. We are grateful to Dana for choosing us to provide them with a cost effective solution and look forward to helping them deliver this strategically important development."
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Independents Go Big in North Sea (Jan 03)
- Dana Petroleum Raises Concerns Over EnQuest North Sea Discovery (Jul 05)
- SDX Energy Quits Cameroon Concession In 'Sensible' Move (Jun 16)
Company: Subsea 7 more info
- Subsea 7 Shares Surge On Special Dividend, Q4 Earnings Beat (Mar 02)
- Subsea 7 Takes Delivery of New Vessels (Feb 02)
- Report: Oil, Gas Companies in Aberdeen Face Tax 'Bombshell' (Dec 19)