Eni, Anadarko Join Forces Offshore Mozambique
Eni has signed a Heads of Agreement (HOA) with Anadarko Petroleum Corporation Friday, establishing foundational principles for the coordinated development of common natural gas reservoirs in the offshore Mozambique.
The HOA will facilitate a development program whereby Eni and Anadarko will conduct separate yet coordinated offshore activities, spanning both Area 4, operated, by Eni and Area 1, operated by Anadarko.
Furthermore, the two companies will jointly plan and construct common onshore LNG liquefaction facilities in the Cabo Delgado Province of northern Mozambique.
Eni is the operator of Area 4 with a 70% participating interest. The other partners of the joint venture are GalpEnergia (10%), KOGAS (10%) and ENH (10%, carried through the exploration phase).
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Canadian Offshore Oil Interest Grows As Pipeline Woes Sink Alberta Prices (Dec 20)
- 4 Ways Agile Sourcing Can Lead Enterprises to Success (Nov 10)
- Gadfly: Anadarko Woke Up, and It Really Smells the Coffee (Nov 01)
Company: ENI more info
Operates 11 Offshore Rigs
- BSEE: Italy's Eni Begins Drilling Oil Well In Alaska's Beaufort Sea (Dec 27)
- Eni 'Mission Impossible' Points to Seismic Shift for Big Oil (Dec 22)
- Sanction-Proof Oil Rig Beats US Policy From Cuba to Russia (Dec 19)