Rosneft, BP CEOs to Sit on Committee Steering Rosneft, TNK-BP Integration
BP PLC (BP) Chief Executive Bob Dudley will sit on the steering committee coordinating the integration of Russian oil company TNK-BP Holding (TNBP.RS) and state-controlled oil giant OAO Rosneft (ROSN.RS), the companies said in a statement Thursday.
Rosneft is acquiring TNK-BP, Russia's number three oil producer, from BP and its partners in deals worth $55 billion that will create the world's largest listed crude producer. BP will hold a 19.8% stake in Rosneft as part of its deal to sell out of TNK-BP.
Messrs. Sechin and Dudley met Wednesday to discuss the integration of Rosneft and TNK-BP, the companies said in a statement.
"I am glad to see the progress in our cooperation and am confident that the experience of Bob Dudley and of the BP team will raise the efficiency of the integration process and will ensure the combined company becomes one of the most competitive international majors," Mr. Sechin said in the statement.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 33 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
- Owners of Louisiana-Illinois Pipeline Eye Reversal Next Steps (Dec 21)
- Canadian Offshore Oil Interest Grows As Pipeline Woes Sink Alberta Prices (Dec 20)
Company: Rosneft more info
- Russia's Rosneft, In U-Turn, Plans To Bid For Alrosa's Gas Assets (Dec 29)
- Sanction-Proof Oil Rig Beats US Policy From Cuba to Russia (Dec 19)
- Russia's Rosneft Signs Oil Supply Deal With Greece's Motor Oil (Nov 20)