NPD Grants Drilling Permit to Maersk
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate has granted Maersk Oil Norway AS a drilling permit for wellbore 6506/6-2, cf. Section 8 of the Resource Management Regulations.
Wellbore 6506/6-2 will be drilled from the Transocean Barents (UDW semisub) drilling facility at position 65 degrees 38'18.69" north and 6 degrees 51'55.46" east.
The drilling program for well 6506/6-2 relates to drilling of a wildcat well in production license 513. Maersk Oil Norway AS is the operator with an ownership interest of 50 percent. The other licensee is Dana Petroleum Norway AS (50 percent). The area in this license consists of parts of blocks 6506/6, 6507/1 and 6507/4. The well will be drilled about 19 miles (30 kilometers) west of Skarv.
Production license 513 was awarded Jan. 23, 2009 in APA 2008. This is the first well to be drilled in the license.
The permit is contingent upon the operator securing all other permits and consents required by other authorities before commencing drilling activities.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)
Company: Maersk Oil & Gas more info
- Maersk Oil CEO To Step Down After Total Takeover (Sep 27)
- Maersk Stands to Get Another $7.5 Billion for Energy Divestments (Aug 21)
- Fars News Agency: Maersk Sees Up To 140,000 Bpd Potential For Iran Field (Aug 01)