Wintershall Gets Approval for Sidetrack Well on PL457
Anglo-Norwegian junior Bridge Energy announced Thursday that approval has been received from the Norwegian Petroleum Directorate for the drilling of a sidetrack well on production license 457.
Bridge is a 20-percent partner on PL457, where Wintershall Norge is the operator with a 40-percent interest.
Bridge said the sidetrack well, 16/1-16 A, is being drilled to investigate indications of hydrocarbons in the original well, 16-1-16.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)
Company: Wintershall more info
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Libya's NOC, Wintershall Strike Interim Deal To Resume Output (Jun 13)
- BASF Sees Role of Oil and Gas Unit Declining Further (May 12)
Company: Bridge North Sea more info
- Asha East Well Comes up Dry (Oct 17)
- Wintershall's Amol Well Comes up Dry (Sep 25)
- Spike Targets Bridge Energy (Sep 16)