Subsea 7 Wins Extensions to Shell Contracts
Offshore services firm Subsea 7 announced Tuesday that it has won a two-year extension to both of its underwater services contracts (USC) with Shell Upstream International Europe.
Under the contracts, valued at around $360 million, Subsea 7 will continue to provide subsea construction, inspection, repair, maintenance and decommissioning services to Shell's European offshore fields and facilities.
"We are privileged and grateful to have received an award from Shell of this value and importance. We believe it is an endorsement of Subsea 7's ability to provide life-of-field support safely, effectively and to the highest standard. Subsea 7 is committed to the continued successful partnership, held with Shell since 1990, across their North Sea Operations," Steph McNeill, Subsea 7's vice president for UK and Canada, said in a company statement.
Subsea 7 said that its Seven Atlantic and Normand Subsea vessels will be dedicated to its operations for Shell.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 28 Offshore Rigs
- Shell Looks Beyond Road Fuels to Secure Future of Refining (Nov 06)
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
Company: Subsea 7 more info
- Subsea 7 Shares Surge On Special Dividend, Q4 Earnings Beat (Mar 02)
- Subsea 7 Takes Delivery of New Vessels (Feb 02)
- Report: Oil, Gas Companies in Aberdeen Face Tax 'Bombshell' (Dec 19)