Russian Government Approves Rosneft's TNK-BP Acquisition
MOSCOW - Russia's government has approved state-controlled oil giant OAO Rosneft's $55 billion acquisition of TNK-BP from BP PLC and its partners, a spokeswoman for Deputy Prime Minister Arkady Dvorkovich said Wednesday.
"All the directives on the purchase of 100% of TNK-BP by Rosneft have been signed," the spokeswoman said.
Rosneft agreed deals last month to buy TNK-BP, Russia's No. 3 crude producer, from BP and its partners, the AAR group of tycoons, for $55 billion in cash and shares.
Interfax Wednesday quoted an unnamed source as saying that Rosneft's board of directors had approved the purchase of the BP stake at a meeting Tuesday. A Rosneft spokeswoman confirmed the acquisition had been discussed, but declined to comment on any decision.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 33 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
- Owners of Louisiana-Illinois Pipeline Eye Reversal Next Steps (Dec 21)
- Canadian Offshore Oil Interest Grows As Pipeline Woes Sink Alberta Prices (Dec 20)
Company: Rosneft more info
- Russia's Rosneft, In U-Turn, Plans To Bid For Alrosa's Gas Assets (Dec 29)
- Sanction-Proof Oil Rig Beats US Policy From Cuba to Russia (Dec 19)
- Russia's Rosneft Signs Oil Supply Deal With Greece's Motor Oil (Nov 20)
Company: TNK-BP more info
- Rosneft Board Member Rejects Criticism of TNK-BP Buyout (Oct 04)
- Rosneft: TNK-BP Integration 'Mostly Complete' (Jun 20)
- TNK-BP Acquisition Boosts Rosneft's 1Q Production (Apr 30)