Sembcorp Marine Finalizes Accommodation Semisub Deal with Prosafe
Sembcorp Marine's subsidiary Jurong Shipyard (JSPL) and Prosafe AS said Monday that they have finalized a contract for JSPL to build the second unit of a new generation harsh-environment accommodation semisubmersible.
The contract, worth $295.2 million, follows the letter of intent announced by the two companies earlier in October.
Sembcorp said in a statement Monday that the 450-person capacity rig, designed based on the GVA 3000F design with a DP3 (dynamic positioning) system as well as a 12 point mooring arrangement, is scheduled for delivery by the end of 2014. Sembcorp added that the rig will be suitable for harsh environment operations in the Norwegian Continental Shelf.
In the contract, JSPL had granted two additional options to Prosafe for future newbuilds. Including the option previously granted last year, Prosafe now has a total of three options for accommodation semi newbuilds at JSPL.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Norway's $24B Fund Seeing End To Losses In Oil Services (Aug 17)
- Prosafe Takes Delivery of the Safe Zephyrus Accommodation Vessel (Jan 27)
- Sembcorp Marine Delivers Accommodation Semisub Safe Zephyrus to Prosafe (Jan 19)
Company: Sembcorp Marine more info
- Rig Builder Sembcorp Marine 2Q Net Profit Falls 51% (Jul 27)
- Asia Oil, Gas Layoffs Mount as Industry Recovery Stays Elusive (Sep 08)
- Brazilian Government Plans to Open Talks with Keppel, Sembcorp Marine (Sep 05)