Technip Scores EPIC Gig for Girassol Proj.
Technip was awarded by Total E&P Angola an engineering, procurement, construction and commissioning (EPIC) contract for the second phase of the Girassol Resources Initiatives (GirRI) development project. The field is located 130 miles (210 kilometers) offshore Angola, at a water depth of 4,265 feet (1,300 meters).
The contract covers the project management, engineering, fabrication and installation of:
- 13 miles (21 kilometers) of umbilicals,
- 8 miles (13 kilometers) of interconnecting power cable between the Dalia and the Girassol floating production storage and offloading units (FPSO), both delivered by Technip,
- the recovery and disposal of four rigid spools,
- the installation of eight new flexible spools.
Technip Angola Engenharia will share responsibility for the overall project management and engineering of this subsea project with Technip UK. Various steel structures will be fabricated by the Angoflex spoolbase in Dande, Angola. The flexible spools will be fabricated at Technip's manufacturing plant in Le Trait, France. The offshore campaign is scheduled for the end of 2014, with the main installation vessel being from Technip's fleet.
After the successful completion of the first phase of the GirRI development project in 2012, Technip is proud to have been awarded the second phase of this project by Total E&P Angola and its partners.
"This contract is a significant milestone as it demonstrates Technip's capabilities to execute a subsea project from Luanda, Angola. It is thus completely in line with Technip and its partners' objectives to maximize the Angolan national content," Senior Vice President of Technip Region A Jean-Marc Aubry declared.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Total Starts Up Antwerp Refinery And Petrochem Complex After Upgrade (Nov 30)
- Hoegh LNG: Pakistan LNG Import Project Consortium Folds (Nov 16)
- France's Total Buys Engie's LNG Business For $1.5B (Nov 08)
Company: Technip more info
- Sasol Plans More Hiring for Louisiana Project (Oct 12)
- Bapco To Meet Technip-Led Consortium For Talks On Refinery Expansion (Aug 22)
- Fluor Wins Malaysia Isononanol Plant Contract (Aug 07)