Subsea 7 Wins Gullfaks C Contract
Offshore services firm Subsea 7 announced Friday that it has been awarded a contract by Statoil to provide engineering services and equipment to the Gullfaks C oil platform in the North Sea.
Subsea 7 said that under the contract it would supply engineering, installation and commissioning of a 10-mile integrated power service umbilical, a protection structure, a subsea compressor station, pipeline spools and tie-ins.
Valued at approximately $70 million, the contract will see engineering and project management begin immediately at Subsea 7's office in Stavanger, Norway. Offshore operations are due to commence in 2015.
"We are pleased to be awarded this contract by Statoil, and to participate in the delivery of this important subsea processing technology. The award is enabled by our strong engineering and project execution skills, our state of the art vessels, and our continuous focus on executing our work to the highest safety and quality standards. We look forward to supporting Statoil in meeting their project and increased oil recovery objectives on the Gullfaks field," Subsea 7 vice president Stuart Fitzgerald said in a company statement.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Statoil Greenlights $6B Flagship Arctic Oil Project (Dec 05)
- Partners to Invest in New Gas Module at Troll C Platform (Nov 07)
Company: Subsea 7 more info
- Subsea 7 Shares Surge On Special Dividend, Q4 Earnings Beat (Mar 02)
- Subsea 7 Takes Delivery of New Vessels (Feb 02)
- Report: Oil, Gas Companies in Aberdeen Face Tax 'Bombshell' (Dec 19)