Inpex to Buy 26% in India Offshore Exploration Block from ONGC
TOKYO - Inpex Corp. said Monday that it will acquire a 26% interest in exploration block KG-DWN-2004/6, offshore India, from Oil and Natural Gas Corp.
The Japanese energy upstream company didn't disclose the value of the deal.
This is the first time Inpex is participating in oil and gas exploration activities in India since the business integration between the former Inpex and Teikoku Oil Co. in 2008, the company said in a statement.
The deal is subject to certain conditions, including Indian government approval, it added.
ONGC will continue to operate the block with a 34% interest. GAIL (India) Ltd., Gujarat State Petroleum Corp., Hindustan Petroleum Corp. and Oil India Ltd. own 10% each in the block.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 37 Offshore Rigs
Manages 8 Offshore Rigs
- Venezuela's PDVSA To Tap Oil Customers To Pay $449MM To ONGC (Nov 15)
- Sources: India ONGC Strikes 'Good' Offshore Oil, Gas Find (Sep 20)
- India To Acquire Seismic Data Of 48,000 Line kms To Boost Oil, Gas Output (Sep 12)
Company: Inpex more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Inpex Halts Construction At Australian LNG Site After Worker Dies (Nov 30)
- Japan's Inpex Says Ichthys LNG Project On Track For March Start (Nov 08)
- Statement: Indonesia To Extend Inpex's Masela LNG Contract By 27 Years (Oct 19)
Company: Gas Authority India Ltd. (GAIL) more info
- India Seeks to Rework More LNG Contracts Amid Surplus, GAIL Says (Oct 04)
- LNG Price Row Between India, US Crimps Trump's Export Aims (Jun 30)
- India to Use Market Pricing for Part of Future Gas Finds in Complex Fields (Aug 11)