SapuraKencana Petroleum Wins Oil Services Contract from Petronas, Hess
Malaysia's SapuraKencana Petroleum said in a statement sent to Rigzone Friday that it has won two offshore services contracts worth a total of $274 million (MYR835.8 million).
The first contract is awarded by state-owned Petronas to Allied Marine & Equipment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of SapuraKencana Petroleum, for underwater services in the offshore oil and gas fields owned by Petronas Carigali. The agreement – worth $229 million (MYR700 million) – covers inspection, repair and maintenance services utilizing specialized vessels, equipment and personnel.
The agreement inked by AME is effective from October 2012 until April 2016, with a one-year extension option.
The second contract is awarded by Hess Exploration and Production Malaysia to Kencana HL – also a wholly-owned subsidiary of SapuraKencana Petroleum – for the commissioning of the Kamelia-A wellhead platform sited in the offshore Kamelia field, which lies in the North Malay Basin.
The award by Hess is an engineering, procurement, construction and commissioning contract with work expected to be completed by 1Q 2013.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Hess Cutting Hundreds of Workers As It Battles Activist Investor (Jan 16)
- ExxonMobil Reports More Offshore Guyana Success (Jan 05)
- About 75,000 Bpd Of Gulf Oil Output Still Shut After Shell Fire (Nov 15)
Company: PETRONAS more info
Operates 11 Offshore Rigs
- After Europe's Gas Market Disasters, LNG May Come to the Rescue (Dec 12)
- Petronas Unit Agrees Share Swap With Shell's Africa Operator (Dec 05)
- Malaysia's Petronas Asked To Exit Myanmar In Protest Of Rohingya Crisis (Nov 08)