Statoil Finds Oil at Well 16/2-14 in North Sea
Statoil has found oil at appraisal well 16/2-14 on production license 265 in the Norwegian North Sea, according to its partner Det norske oljeselskap.
DNO, which has a 20-percent interest in the well, reported that core samples have confirmed oil in 16/2-14, which is being drilled on the Espever High (part of the Johan Sverdrup field).
The company said that drilling operations in the reservoir are still at an initial phase, so final results have not yet been released.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Statoil Greenlights $6B Flagship Arctic Oil Project (Dec 05)
- Partners to Invest in New Gas Module at Troll C Platform (Nov 07)
Company: Det norske oljeselskap ASA more info
- Det Norske Completes Merger with BP Norge, Creates Aker BP (Sep 30)
- Lundin Granted Drilling Permit Offshore Norway (Sep 20)
- Det Norske Increases Production Guidance for 2016 (Sep 14)