Suncor Awards Fluor Engineering Work at Alberta Proj.
Fluor Corporation announced Monday that it has been awarded a contract by Suncor Energy to provide front-end project management and engineering services on the energy company's MacKay River Phase 2 oil sands project near Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada. Fluor booked the contract into backlog in the third quarter of 2012 for an undisclosed value.
"This project is an excellent opportunity for Fluor to continue providing our engineering and design expertise on high profile oil sands projects," said Peter Oosterveer, president of Fluor's Energy and Chemicals Group. "This region in northern Alberta serves as a significant oil resource for North America and it continues to play a key role in Fluor's energy business."
Fluor's design will include the use of its patent-pending 3rd Generation Modular Execution approach to perform the project. The modules will be fabricated offsite and delivered to the jobsite to increase project safety, quality and improve schedule delivery.
The design will be completed by Fluor's office in Calgary, Alberta, with support from its offices in the Philippines.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Fluor to Lead Engineering, Procurement for $2.4B Texas Project (Oct 10)
- Fluor Wins Malaysia Isononanol Plant Contract (Aug 07)
- Fluor to Support FEED for Woodfibre Project Near Vancouver (Feb 17)
Company: Suncor Energy more info
- Suncor Says Makes Progress In Oil Sands Project Dispute With Total (Oct 26)
- Canadian Oil's High-Priced Run Set to End as Supply Surges (Oct 11)
- Suncor, Total Argue Over Cost Of Fort Hills Project (Jul 27)