Source: BP Receives Formal Offer from Rosneft for TNK-BP Stake
BP PLC has received a formal offer from Russian state-controlled oil giant OAO Rosneft for its 50% stake in Russian oil producer TNK-BP, a person familiar with the matter said Thursday.
The person gave no further details on the offer, which other people close to the talks have said is around $25 billion in a mix of cash and shares.
Rosneft President Igor Sechin, a close ally of President Vladimir Putin, is presenting his offer to BP in London Thursday. BP's board is expected to consider the offer Friday, people close to the deal have said.
Rosneft, in which the government owns 75.5%, said in July it would bid on BP's stake in Russia's third largest oil producer.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 33 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
- Owners of Louisiana-Illinois Pipeline Eye Reversal Next Steps (Dec 21)
- Canadian Offshore Oil Interest Grows As Pipeline Woes Sink Alberta Prices (Dec 20)
Company: Rosneft more info
- Russia's Rosneft, In U-Turn, Plans To Bid For Alrosa's Gas Assets (Dec 29)
- Sanction-Proof Oil Rig Beats US Policy From Cuba to Russia (Dec 19)
- Russia's Rosneft Signs Oil Supply Deal With Greece's Motor Oil (Nov 20)
Company: TNK-BP more info
- Rosneft Board Member Rejects Criticism of TNK-BP Buyout (Oct 04)
- Rosneft: TNK-BP Integration 'Mostly Complete' (Jun 20)
- TNK-BP Acquisition Boosts Rosneft's 1Q Production (Apr 30)